Thursday, November 5, 2015

Milford Lake


 
 

Milford Lake is the largest lake in Kansas. This lake is out past Junction city and is part of the Corps of Engineers. I haven't been there but it is on my list of places to visit. My Aunt Katie and her family love to go there. I have seen this lake on a lot of commercials early in the year for being a great place to go and catch fish. The website above shows people that have caught huge fish! However, one of the reasons that I did not make a special trip out there this year was because of the blue green algae that has been popping up in the western waterways of Kansas. Hopefully, by next year this problem will have ceased but you never know. Blue Green algae can be fatal to the wildlife and cause illness in humans. I hope that the waterways can fight this and come back fully. The website above also has information on the algae problem as well.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it's sad to hear about the algae and the possible dangers to the wildlife. I, too, hope that it can go back to normal soon! This sounds like an interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little nerves being out this summer. We did not go that far west though. The furthest we went was Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to this lake for the first time about 1 1/2 ago and it was amazing. The lake was huge, not to mention the cabin that we rented was pretty nice and big as well. This is by far my favorite lake I've ever been to. It is pretty sad though that the blue green alge is taking over, because really, it is a beautiful lake!

    ReplyDelete