Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Surrounding area pools

I must say that it probably sounds strange to go to other pools in other cities. However, Topeka pools have a problem with being over crowded. There really isn't a deep part of the pool that the community pools let you hang out in here. I think that as a child that was my favorite part of swimming. I loved to go to the bottom of the deep end and dive for things or see who could touch the bottom first. My brother has been a life guard at the Enterprise pool the last two years, so we go there a lot. Enterprise is a tiny town west of Junction City. All the people there know each other. It was fun getting to meet everyone and having a pool to go to that is relaxed. The pool was small but it offered a driving board and slide. They would allow the swimmers to play games and swim in the deep end, which I thought was extremely cool.



Photos of my brother Isaiah Piper life guarding and the Enterprise Pool
Photo by Cortney Piper


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the crowded pools! I haven't been to a Topeka pool in several years because of the crowds. This is definitely something I'll keep in mind for next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that the west side of Topeka is supposed to get a pool in the upcoming years. Hopefully the city will keep investing in fun things to do. I also heard that they may put a spray park downtown in the new developing area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from a small town in Missouri. Summers as a kid meant grandma. She would take us to the pool and sit under a tree reading her book. Then we spent hours exploring the little creek that ran around their house. And, we spent plenty of time swimming in the horse tank, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a spoiled kid and always grew up with a pool in my backyard. I totally understand what you're talking about though when you say that Topeka pools are over crowded. It's nice to just be able to walk out back to swim and relax without random people splashing and being too noisy.

    ReplyDelete