Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pomona State Park


Bobber the water safety dog video
found on the US Army Corps of Engineers website
 
 
I found this safety video on the US Army Corps of Engineers of Kansas City website. I thought that it was really cute. I also think that is extremely important to be safe of on the water. What a good idea, to make a cartoon for kids.

Pomona State Park is about 40 miles away, east of Osage City. I'm excited to try go here next year. I thought it was just a fishing lake but after looking up some information I found out that they do offer a swimming beach, which is important to us because we don't have a boat yet. They are also a fully equipped camp ground. The website sounded like the area is known for its natural beauty. Below is an excellent website that has the information about camping, plus rules, and regulations.






3 comments:

  1. This place looks so beautiful! It reminds me a lot of a place I went on a trip to with my Girl Scout troop when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if my daughter is old enough to be in Girl Scouts. I will have to look into that. It would be so fun for us to meet other moms and daughters that like to be outdoorsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been to this lake before but I have heard great things about it. I do hope to one day visit several of these lakes that you have mentioned. Going in the summer with some friends sounds like a good idea. Now if I could just find time to do it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete